Facts About Child Abuse
National Abuse and Neglect Statistics
• 4 children die every day as a result of child abuse. 3 out of 4 are under the age of 4.
• A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.
• Child abuse occurs at every socio-economic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
• 36.7% of all women in prison and 14.4% of all men in prison in the United States were abused as children.
• One third of abused or neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse.
"Parents change themselves for the better -your children will too"